In a December 19, 2013 news release, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted that job growth in the healthcare space will rise by 5.0 million jobs from 2012 to 2022. That’s nearly a third of all U.S. jobs created over the next decade. Some of the hottest healthcare professions are occupational therapy (OT), physical therapy (PT), speech language therapy (SLP) and nursing.
As demand for healthcare jobs continues to rise, healthcare facilities and their recruitment agencies may require more efficient resources for attracting, hiring, and onboarding quality professionals in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Therapy Professions in High Demand
- Occupational Therapist (OT) jobs will see the largest increase among therapy careers. OT jobs are projected to grow by 33% or 36,400 jobs through to 2020.
- Demand for physical therapists (PT) continues to rise due to cumulative effects of an aging Boomer demographic and the addition of patients entering the healthcare system through the Affordable Care Act. PT jobs are expected grow by 39% or 77,400 jobs to 2020.
- Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) continues to experience strong demand in the U.S. job market with a projected growth rate of 23% or the addition of 28,800 jobs through 2020.
Home Health and Skilled Nursing Facilities Expected to Add Jobs
Nursing jobs are projected to rise by 19% over the next decade resulting in the addition of nearly 527,000 jobs nationwide. Home health agencies and skilled nursing facilities are expected to be busy recruiting home health aides and personal care assistants over the next ten years. Both professions are expected to grow by more than 48% from current employment levels. Demand for home health aides will rise by 424,200 jobs while personal care assistants will see another 581,000 added positions.
Tap into the Candidate Direct Marketplace for Healthcare
We’ve combined two effective systems that healthcare employers discover create an unbeatable recruitment and hiring tool. Our Stay Staffed Vendor Management System (VMS) synergizes perfectly with our Candidate Direct Marketplace® to create a secure web-based marketplace that provides a single source for healthcare organizations, hospitals, rehab centers, and skilled nursing facilities to source, recruit, procure and manage contingent and permanent:
- Nursing staff
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Speech language therapists
- Other allied health professions
Contact a Stay Staffed representative now to receive a free, no-obligation online VMS demonstration and see for yourself how you can:
- Realize annual savings from $4,000 to $15,000 per candidate through increased agency competition
- Seamlessly source candidates from your own agencies or choose from hundreds of qualified agencies in the Candidate Direct Marketplace® national network
- Improve the depth of the candidate pool and locate hard-to-find resources
- Improve healthcare talent management oversight
It takes only 30 minutes to understand how the Stay Staffed vendor management system combined with the Candidate Direct Marketplace® can streamline your recruitment, hiring, and onboarding/off-boarding processes. Or phone us at 800-585-1710 and speak to directly to a Stay Staffed representative.